Sunday, April 4, 2010

found a bone

Easter was almost exactly as I thought it would be.  Made breakfast for my husband and two other sons (remember French Toast and bacon).  I lit my candle for Eric and tried to make the best of the day. Whenever I am home with my husband, there always feels like an elephant in the room. I want to talk about Eric and he does not. Ever -none of the boys want to talk about it.!  I know they miss him and are sad - they just do not seem to grieve like I do.  Makes me sad and feel alone in my grief.

I did get a lot done in the morning.  Even worked on my tax return a little.  I can only stand to work on it for a little bit at a time -too much stress.  After that I did retreat to my favorite place -my bed.  I took a 3 hour nap and woke up in time to clean the house and eat dinner. That is how a lot of my days off work go - cleaning, eating, sleeping.

I think the strangest part of the day was when I took my 3 dogs for a walk.  I like to take them to a large desert field across the street from my house.  There I turn them loose and let them run and chase birds - they never catch them but they love the chase.  It is a good time for me - I love to watch them run and enjoy life -it always puts a smile on my face.  Well today, they found a treasure in some brush.  My Shepard came out of the brush carrying a bone large enough to be a human calf bone!  He ran proudly all the way home carrying it in his mouth  as I looked on a little freaked.  My husband took it from him when we got home and he thinks it is probably an animal bone - maybe a coyote.  Still it freaked me out.  I even went back to try to find the rest of the bones - but the dogs just ran around not able to find the exact spot the found this treasure.  I will definitely keep my eyes open on my next field walk - not even sure if I want to find the rest, but I will feel better once I know for sure it is indeed the bone of an animal.

Well, time for bed - thank God.  I won't have to do much to get ready for bed considering I never got out of my jammies today.  Yes, I did walk the dogs in my jammies.  Not to worry, my neighbors only worry when I get dressed on my day off -otherwise jammies are the perfect attire for any occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment